Mathematical Physics, High Energy Theory.
• Condensed matter problems on curved manifolds.
• Bose-Einstein condensation.
• Equivariant cohomology and localization.
• Large N gauge theories and matrix models.
• Instantons and solitons in field theory.
• Ph.D., Physics, University of Rochester. Degree received Spring 2003.
• M.S. Physics, University of Rochester. Degree received spring 1999.
• B.Sc., Physics, Boğaziçi University, İstanbul, Turkey, June 1997.
• Italian College, İstanbul, Turkey, 1994.
• Entropy of Large Dimensional Random Matrices, under the supervision of Prof. Sarada G. Rajeev.
• Associate Professor, Boğaziçi University, Department of Physics, 2019-Present.
• Assistant Professor, Boğaziçi University, Department of Physics, 2009-2019.
• Postdoctoral Researcher, Feza Gürsey Institute, 2005-2009.
• Yeditepe University 2004-2005.
• Doctoral Research, University of Rochester, 2000-2003.
• Levent Akant, Birses Debir, İ. Çağrı İşeri, “Non-relativistic limit of thermodynamics of Bose field in a static space-time and Bose–Einstein condensation”, Class. Quant. Grav. 35 (2018) 045017. Doi: 10.1088/1361-6382/aaa0a7
• Levent Akant, Emine Ertuğrul, Yusuf Gül, O. Teoman Turgut, “Boundary Effects on Bose-Einstein Condensation on Ultra-Static Spacetimes”, J. Math. Phys. 56 (2015) no.7, 073503. Doi: 10.1063/1.4923337
• Levent Akant, Emine Ertuğrul, Ferzan Tapramaz, O. Teoman Turgut, “Bose-Einstein Condensation on a Manifold with Non-negative Ricci Curvature”, J. Math. Phys. 56 (2015) no.1, 013509. Doi: 10.1063/1.4906135